The Customs Auctions website (https://app.trade.gov.ng/eauction/auction/list/all) is live on the web.
Bidding started Monday July 3, 2017.
Here are things you need to know.
- Applicant must have a valid TIN issued by FIRS with an active e-mail account.
- An Applicant shall pay a non-refundable fee of One Thousand Naira (₦1,000) as administrative.
- An Item is auctioned “as is” as such request for replacement or refund shall not be entertained.
- The successful bidder shall make payment within five (5) working days.
- Failure to pay within five (5) working days, the item reverts to the second (2nd) highest bidder.
- The successful Bidder has two (2) weeks from the date of payment to remove the item bidded for or forfeit same at the expiration of the two (2) weeks.
- Any auction item not removed from the warehouse within fourteen (14) days from the date of payment shall revert to its pre-bidding status.
- Take note for overtime cargo, that the successful bidder shall in addition pay 25% charges for Shipping Line and Terminal operators respectively.
- Bidders shall not be allowed to bid for more than 2 items per bidding window.
- For claiming items, the winner shall present;
- a) A valid copy of paid assessment and bank receipt (optional in case of e-payment);
- b) A notarized letter in case owner sends representative. (Where owner is present uploaded photo on registration will do.);
- c) Provide proper identification with notarized letter and International passport, Driver’s license, Voters card or National I.D.
- The dwell time for this Online Auction Sale shall be Forty-eight (48) hours.
- Third party claims shall not be entertained.
- Officers of the Nigeria Customs Service are excluded from participating this Auction.
- Owner of seized item is excluded from bidding for the same.
- Owner of overtime item with evidence of payment of duty and other charges has priority over a successful bidder of the same provided the item has not been exited out of the Customs control.
Take your time to peruse the items thoroughly before placing a bid.